Covid-19 report as of April 16th, 2020
Island Pine Members and Guests,
I hope you all are doing well, and have stayed healthy/safe at home throughout this challenging time. Our state seems to be ahead of the game and I am thankful that our governor took actions as swiftly as he did. Here's to hoping we get some nicer weather, so we can get out of the house and enjoy some sunshine and fresh air.
As of now, Island Pine is still under restrictions that the governor has put forth and we cannot open until May 4th at the earliest. However, there have been many mentions of golf being an activity that he may allow prior to that date. Yesterday, April 15th, the Minnesota Allied Golf Associations formally asked the Governor to re-open golf facilities for play, with proper safe practices in place, as soon as tomorrow April 17th. This DOES NOT mean it will happen, but if it does, Island Pine will open as soon as we are allowed. There will be many social distancing restrictions, safeguards, and changes that will be made in order for this to happen. I'm sure the governor will give us more info on that when the time comes, but here are some possible changes to expect:
- Practicing proper social distancing of 6ft apart as much as possible
- Limited number of people in the clubhouse at one time
- Encourage customers to pay online (if possible) or over the phone with a credit card
- Club carts must be sanitized prior to use
- Potentially only 1 person per cart unless family/close friend
- Removal of Flag Sticks or raising the cup above ground to avoid touch points. (If your ball hits the raised cup, the putt is considered in the hole)
- Removal of Ball Washing stations and Rakes in bunkers
- Santizing common touch points/high traffic areas frequently (door handles, counters, tables, etc.)
- Asking golfers to park carts in designated areas when finished
- Asking golfers to dispose of any trash they have when finished
- Asking golfers to avoid the clubhouse unless absolutely necessary
- Food: take out only
These are just some of the things that may be implemented once we are allowed to open. We will provide you with a full list of guidlines, as well as, postage/signage around the clubhouse once we have more clarity. For now, keep listening for any new updates from our governor in regards to golf courses being allowed to open.
For those of you in Men's League. My plan is to start on May 7th if we are able. Many factors between now and then may obviously change that, but for now that is the plan. Past league members will receive a text from me in the next couple days to confirm if you are planning on playing again this year. Women's Night will start on May 13th.
On so many levels, this summer will be very different than any other we've ever experienced. I pray we are able to overcome this as a society by working together with safe practices on our minds at all times. Always wash/sanitze your hands throughout the day, avoid contact with others by practicing safe distances, stay home if you are sick, and get tested when those become available. It's really that simple. The more we can all get on the same page, the faster we can return to 'Normal'. In the meantime, we will have to accept our new 'semi-normal' and adapt to the guidlines/restrictions put forth by our leaders. We will get through this!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com or call the clubhouse 320-974-8600. I'd like to thank the people that have came in and paid their memberships during this time. It is very helpful and appreciated! If you'd like to pay your membership, feel free to stop by! I will be in and out of the clubhouse on a daily basis from 10:00-4:00 until we are able to open and resume normal hours. I will keep you all updated as soon as I hear any changes. Stay safe! I look forward to seeing you all very soon!
Island Pine Golf Club